Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Craft Projects- Invitation



Yesterday I just had the chance to put up my Halloween Decoration outside.I love Halloween. And it totally makes it if you live in New England. 


 September, October and November are the months when New England really shines. Our historic region is filled with apple picking,pumpkin patches, haunted houses, costume contests, trick-or-treating, legendary ghost tours, corn mazes, fall festivals.Nothing compares to sipping a steaming mug of apple cider while soaking up New England's breathtaking foliage, feeling the spine tingling chills inside a haunted house, or cheering on the Salem's costumes annual parade.I just love  all of that! 
It has been a few years we have hosted Halloween's celebration at my house the kids love it, we have games, horror movies trivia, halloween inspired food, costume contest, even my dog participate in the contest.We have a blast every year! It's a opportunity to let your inner witch out, at least for a day! =D
So, in this post I want to share this fun unique invitation idea that is gonna make your guests to go Wow! or Eek!
Severed Finger Invitation













Materials:


  • Severed Fingers Soap; I bought them on Etsy from Sweet Soap Treats and they look so realistic
  • Jewelry Boxes, color orange or black size 3x2x1 inches;you can get it at Michaels
  • A bag of spanish moss; also from Michaels 
  • Black Ribbon
  • Craft Paper (left over from wedding craft projects)
  • Halloween washi tapes
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Evelopes #10 open end, you can find those at Michaels or Paper Source
  • Stamp and stamp ink to decorate outside envelope 

How to make it!

Gather all the materials you'll need
tie all the fingers with a black ribbon
 Create your invitation on your computer  using a word document. I used  Landscape orientation layout and 4 columns. Print on craft paper and cut them


The  wording I used was  for the invitation

Don’t Forget!

Join us…
For our annual
Halloween Celebration

Friday, October 31 th
At  7:00 PM

Name:
At our Haunted House
Adress:

RSVP…if you dare
Phone:


You will end up with something like that.
Glue the top of your invitation on the center of the box's lid, don't put any glue on the edges of the box because that can prevent your box from closing all the way


Fold your invitation and glue the bottom part on the bottom part of the box like in the picture

Let the glue dry for a moment and add the moss to the bottom of your box


Place the finger in the box and now all you need is  to secure the box with a couple of small pieces of washi tape and a envelope to send it!



I like the envelopes with the open end for this

Decorate as you like it. Here I used a skull stamp. Now you just need to add your family and friends address and you're done.
I suggest going to the post office to mail them. The weight it's slightly different from box to box because of the different sizes of the fingers.
I hope you like the craft project post.For a few days I was debating if I should add craft to the blog  of keep more like a food blog... And you know what, if you go in my pantry you will find always food, something the garden and something crafty, and so there it is!

Have fun! And Happy Halloween!

Pri =)

No comments:

Post a Comment