Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Apple Walnut Bread - Fall Recipes









Today I will be sharing another apple recipe. After all the apple picking this season I end up with a full basket of apples in my pantry, I am actually glad that I found  this new wooden basket  big enough to fit all my apples at Crompton Collective in Worcester. I found this store when I was in Worcester to take my daughter  to participate State Science Project Fair,  I had to kill some time when Sabrina , my daughter was being judged on her project so I end up at Crompton Collective . What a great store you will find all kinds  of antique and etsy things there.And after that day, I was able to make a couple more trips back to that store.And I always find some treasures and neat thing to get there.
Well,going  back to apples....We have being quite creative at my house with the use of apples . Apples on salad with some dried cranberries and goat cheese, sliced apples on turkey cheeses sandwiches for snacks, we share some of the apples with some of our friend even our dog Willy Nelson has been enjoying some apples with his kibbles or as a treat and ,he loves it !
Even our dog enjoys the apple season
We are definately making the most the apple season last Sunday I went with my husband to Tougas farm and we picked all kinds of apples from Jonagolds, Macouns,Honey Crisps, Pinovas and we had a great time out there we even picked some apples that we need it for work that we just got to use on events to make salads,pies and donuts.Stamping the brand of farm to fork at our kitchen at        work.




Must get that apple!
My husband, Ethan, reaching out to the best apple on the top 









Apple Walnut Bread

Ingredients:

1 cup sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of  ground clove 
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup apples small diced
1 cup chopped walnuts
How to make it:





Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and butter a loaf pan
Beat together in the mixer, the sour cream, the brown sugar the eggs and the vanilla.
  1. Add the the flour the spices,salt ,baking soda and baking powder ingredients mixing well and scraping sides of the bowl.
  2. Fold in the apples and half of the nuts.
  3. Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and top with remaining nuts.
  4. Bake for 60 min.Until a pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean
  5. Let sit in pans for 10 minutes and then cool on a rack.



  6. Enjoy 
  7. Pri =)




First Measure all of the ingredients. 
Beat the first 4 ingredients then add the dry ingredients

make sure to  butter you loaf before pouring the batter in

Ready to eat!






No comments:

Post a Comment